We are making the world's schools powerful, one by one
FlagSHip SCHOOLS & organisations
THE GOAL OF THIS PROJECT IS TO REACH AS MANY CHILDren as possible. to facilitate this, IMPLEMENTING powerful has been made as simple as possible.
HOW DO I certify my school as powerful?
- Contact Alicia Thomas-Woolf (to make a time to visit your school andto give a workshop to the teachers).
- Implement Powerful into your syllabus and visually into your classrooms and use it to form the basis of your anti-bullying policy.
- Share your implementation and policy with the Powerful Certification Programme. If approved:
- Receive your Powerful School Logo (which you can use in your marketing to prospective parents); school, office and classroom certifications (renewable annually).
- Be featured as a Powerful school on the www.powerful.rocks website.
how MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Workshop: if the location is outside Johannesburg, transportation and - if necessary - accommodation costs. Which workshop you do determines the trainingcost.
- Implementation: buy one Powerful book for every classroom (R200.00 per book)
- Certification: R500.00 annual administration fee
"Powerful is incredible. We are introducing it into our syllabus for all our grades."
Mandi Defries | Parent | Principal Minnie Bersohn Pre-Primary School
“I really believe in your work. It’s amazing, needed work.” Sepelile Kaseke, Head of Programmes SOS Children’s Villages
“We’ve seen results almost immediately. We’ve put Powerful into our pre-primary school syllabus.” Jenna Beulich | Parent | Director, Kids Town Montessori Pre-Primary
"Your Powerful anti-bullying system is ground breaking. It puts the kids in their power. I believe it will be massive, a worldwide phenomenon."
Tanya Sachs | Parent | International Professional Image Consultant, Trainer and Speaker
"...The anti-bullying concepts were mind blowing. Really a whole new way of thinking for me."
Jodi Neu-Ner | Parent | Lawyer
"Powerful is an extraordinary piece of work. It tackles the issue of bullying in a loving, constructive and sensitive way and will undoubtedly make a difference in the lives of all children who are blessed to read it. A must-buy for every parent."
Leemor Daniel Lombard | Parent | Owner of iplayilearn.co.za
“I think this is a brilliant concept I think it can change lives in all ages if if it’s implemented correctly and I think this is what is needed in society today” Marissa Spolander | Principal Pooh-Bears Preschool
“I really admire how the book embodies fundamental human experiences, yet manages to transform the complex emotions into such a simple and functional learning tool–that is super fun too!” Jogini Packery | Counselling Psychologist
“I love the fact that you have allowed the space for individualizations for the characters to match the bullies that they are dealing with. I also love the fact that you are empowering the siblings to be “super power” for their younger siblings…continue the most needed and meaningful work that you are doing.” Suzanne Kellner-Zinck | Certified Trainer of NLP | B.A. in Elementary Education with Moderate Special Needs, USA
"A few days after Alicia introduced her Powerful book and song into our class, I saw a boy on the playground place his feelings into his hand, roll them into a ball and throw them away. It's the ultimate prize for a teacher to see the children using the lessons they have learned.” Carla Lynn MacDonald | Parent | Occupational Therapist | Pre-Primary Teacher
“This mindset empowers children to deal with negative emotions in a positive way.”
Shira Balderson | Parent | Pre-Primary Teacher
"Your programme is outstanding and everyday we remind the kids to empower themselves from your book and song; it definitely has made a great impact. THANK YOU!"
Morah Joan Lurie | Parent | Pre-Primary Teacher